What is an Indian Head Massage?
Indian Head Massage is a treatment based on traditional old Indian techniques. The upper back, shoulders, neck, scalp and face are worked on during the treatment using a variety of massage movements.
The treatment is carried out sitting in a low-backed chair using either dry hands with the client fully dressed, making this a good treatment as part of a stress-management programme during a client’s working day.
Alternatively, oils can be used, in which case clothing on the upper body would need to be removed, a towel would be used to wrap around the client. Following treatment using oils the hair would become oily and therefore it is best to book a treatment when you can go home and relax and unwind.
Benefits of an Indian Head Massage
Indian Head Massage works on the whole body thereby it is a holistic treatment. The physical, psychological and subtle levels are treated, resulting in a de-stressing programme for the whole body.
- Improved blood flow to the head and neck bringing with it oxygen and nutrients to nourish the body’s cells and promote healing
- Lymphatic drainage to the head and neck is stimulated and increased therefore toxins from the body are eliminated more efficiently
- Relieves muscle tension and improves muscle tone
- Improves mobility of joints
- Heals to ease headaches and migraine
- Relieves mental strain and aids concentration
- Relieves sinusitis and congestion
- Scalp massage relieves tension from the scalp and increases blood supply to the area, thereby improving the condition of the hair and increasing the rate of hair growth
- Revitalises the whole body
- Alleviates stress, anxiety and depression
- Helps the body to achieve a balanced feeling of peace and harmony
- Clears the mind
- Re-balances the flow of energy through the body
- Stagnant energy is released
Indian Head Massage can be an effective treatment for:-
- Tension headaches
- Tension in the neck, back and shoulders
- Eye strain
It is important for people to take more responsibility for their own health and Indian Head Massage can be a way to help with modern day life stresses.
INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE SHOULD NOT BE USED AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO SEEKING MEDICAL ADVICE.
Ready to find out more?
If you would like to book an initial session please feel free to contact me via the Enquiry Form or call me direct on 07824 367977.